Some facts from Gartner Magic Quadrant for ECM 2011:
- Enterprise content management (ECM) spending actually grew, by 5.1% in 2009 and by 7.6% in 2010.
- ECM software revenue alone was $3.9 billion in 2010.
- And Gartner projects this growth will continue — at an impressive compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% through 2015.
- In Asia/Pacific, ECM is growing in adoption for document and records management, collaboration and knowledge management.
- Verticals such as financial, insurance and legal in Singapore.
- Australia and China are building out customizations as composite content applications (CCAs) incorporating comprehensive workflows.
- Some are looking at case management capabilities or frameworks.
- Records management is another area causing organizations to seek out platforms to adhere to compliance and audit capabilities